Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Um, Yeah

The original name for this blog is "Um, yeah". I was trying to think of something appropriately anti-climatic for my blogging debut. The problem? "Um, yeah" was already taken! This makes me feel even less digitally significant, if that's possible.

I'm not sure how I feel about blogging. As I write this I am considering deleting the entire thing. In fact, if you have somehow discovered this blog then, Please, don't tell anybody (unless, of course, you think this entry is "wicked cool" in which case you may spread the word ONLY to those you are confident will have a similar reaction.)

The trouble with blogging is that you have to have strong feelings about...anything. So this blog won't be so much a sounding board for my strong opinions or a place where I emotionally "dump" on the internet. Rather, I will simply post extremely random thoughts. Like...I'm going to learn Chinese. Seriously.

7 comments:

Juliekins said...

can I too?

Ben said...

pigsaw.

L said...

Wickedly cool for sure!

Lindsey said...

we think you are funny. you need a more time-consuming calling... :)

David S. said...

I think you have the right idea about blogging; the majority of a blog's posts should be inconsequential. I'm timid about sharing whatever strong opinions I may have, so most of what I write is more or less frivolous.

David S. said...

I'm honored that my blog is one of your two links, by the way. I must say, though, that I'm offended to be at the bottom of your blogroll. Who is this "Wife" person, and why does she get top billing?

MKShelley said...

So... what your saying is that your name is David and you blog about completely random things that you don't think are significant when in reality your blog is the most entertaining of the bunch? Well, that's how I feel about David's anyway, but I imagine yours will be very similar.

By the way, if you delete this blog, then I'm canceling our game night this July.

ARE YOU TELLING ME I'M NOT ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST!!!! THAT'S IT! NO MORE SAN JUAN!